BookmarkSubscribe
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Jan
Jan
New Contributor

How to fit different models for different Y's in RSM

I defined a RSM in JMP with two responses Y1 and Y2 and three factors X1, X2 and X3.

For Y1 a quadratic model with interactions fits well, for Y2 a lineair model fits well.

Using Analyze > Fit Model, I entered the two Y's in the Model Specification dialog box and ticked the box "Fit Separately". However, when modifying the model for Y2, the same model is used for Y1. How to get two different models and optimise them together (maximise Y1, reach target for Y2).

0 Kudos
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: How to fit different models for different Y's in RSM

Which version of JMP are you using? How are you modifying the model for Y2? If you do this from the Effect Summary report, you should have two distinctly different models for your responses. If you are trying to modify from the Fit Model dialog, you will get the same model for each response.

A screen capture would be helpful, if my comment does not help you solve the problem.

Dan Obermiller
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Which version of JMP are you using? How are you modifying the model for Y2? If you do this from the Effect Summary report, you should have two distinctly different models for your responses. If you are trying to modify from the Fit Model dialog, you will get the same model for each response.

A screen capture would be helpful, if my comment does not help you solve the problem.

Dan Obermiller
0 Kudos
Jan
Jan
New Contributor

Thanks Dan. I was indeed using the Fit Model dialog box.
Using the Effect Summary report solves it. Many thanks for your help!

0 Kudos