cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
javier_guzman0
Level II

How to find out where JMP is installed in a windows machine.

Hi JMP Gurus,

I'm currently using a Perl script to launch our JSL script. The Perl script looks for the default installation location of JMP in the program files folder. Since there are potentially 4 different versions of JMP running around our workplace, I ended up with the following implementation:

1. Attempt to launch the standard version executable of JMP 12 in: C:\Program Files\SAS\JMP\12\jmp.exe

2. If that file does't exists, then attempt to launch the pro version executable of JMP 12 in: C:\Program Files\SAS\JMPPRO\12\jmp.exe

3. If that file does't exists, then attempt to launch the standard version executable of JMP 11 in: C:\Program Files\SAS\JMP\11\jmp.exe

4. If that file does't exists, then attempt to launch the pro version executable of JMP 11 in: C:\Program Files\SAS\JMPPRO\11\jmp.exe

5. If that file does't exists, end in error.

My question is the following:

Is there an environment variable or something in windows that I can query to find out where JMP is installed in the user's machine? My fear is that there might be a user somewhere in our workplace that might have JMP installed in another disk partition. Thus, voiding my current implementation that looks for the jmp executable in the C:\ drive.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to find out where JMP is installed in a windows machine.

You can use OLE automation from Perl to run a JSL file:

use OLE;

use Win32::OLE;

my $jmp = Win32::OLE->new('JMP.Application');

$jmp->{Visible} = 1;

$jmp->RunJSLFile("C:\\jsl_file.jsl");

For more information on JMP automation, check out the JMP Automation Reference

Justin

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: How to find out where JMP is installed in a windows machine.

You can use OLE automation from Perl to run a JSL file:

use OLE;

use Win32::OLE;

my $jmp = Win32::OLE->new('JMP.Application');

$jmp->{Visible} = 1;

$jmp->RunJSLFile("C:\\jsl_file.jsl");

For more information on JMP automation, check out the JMP Automation Reference

Justin