cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

How to find ETA squared effect size for MANOVA?

Hello,

Does anyone know how to calculate the eta squared value from a manova analysis in JMP? I know that the E and H matrices tab shows the sum of squares for each parameter, but which values do I use to calculate SStotal and SSeffect? In my model, I have 2 control variables (age and gender) and then a two way factorial. If only one of these variables (in addition to both control variables) is significant, and I have two dependent variables for the Manova, do I add all four SS values in the matrix for that particular independent variable to get the SSeffect?

Alternatively, is there a way to get effect sizes automatically generated in JMP with MANOVAs instead of trying to do it by hand?

Lastly, I have noticed that I get different p-values and SSs when running manovas in R vs JMP. Does anyone know why this is the case?

Any thoughts you have would be greatly appreciated!

0 REPLIES 0