cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Heckman123
Level I

How to do 2-stage least squares (2SLS) / Instrumental Variable regression / Heckman self-selection model

Hi there,

Is it possible to do a two-stage least squares model or IV regression or Heckman self-selection model in JMP? Is it also possible to get the inverse Mills ratio?

Thanks in advance! 

1 REPLY 1
P_Bartell
Level VIII

Re: How to do 2-stage least squares (2SLS) / Instrumental Variable regression / Heckman self-selection model

Have you looked through the JMP documentation? I also suggest perusing the the JMP User Community File Exchange in case someone has written a script or Add In that can perform these techniques directly.

Near as I can tell native JMP or JMP Pro does not have these specific capabilities. But it appears to me that all three are primarily variable selection techniques and JMP and especially JMP Pro have a pretty rich set of variable selection techniques...regression based, non linear (tree, neural nets,,,,). So you might be able to solve your specific problem using these native techniques.