cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
markschahl
Level V

How to directly query Honeywell Process History Database from JMP?

Hello to you out there that also work in process plants that use Honeywell control systems and process data historian (Honeywell PHD)! Like me, you probably spend a lot of time analyzing process data. You probably use the PHD Excel Add-in to get the data into MSExcel and then export to JMP. Has anyone out there figured out how to directly query PHD from JMP and bypass Excel? I've seen this done with Aspen Process Explorer, but not Honeywell PHD.

Thanks!

Message was edited by: Mark Chahl on 20-Jun-2013
Okay, I've been working on this problem in Excel. I've automated the data retrieval from PHD, formatted the data for export to JMP. I tried to Macro Record use of the JMP Add-in to Transfer Data Table to JMP, but Excel does not appear to record any of the JMP Add-in commands. Here is the recorded Macro:

Sub JMPPush()
'
' JMPPush Macro
'

'
    Sheets("Export to JMP").Select
    Range("B5").Select
    Range(Selection, Selection.End(xlDown)).Select
    Range(Selection, Selection.End(xlToRight)).Select
End Sub

Does anyone know how to automate the JMP Add-in? Or must I code VBA as described in the JMP Automation Reference?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
stan_koprowski
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: How to directly query Honeywell Process History Database from JMP?

Hi Mark,

I wrote an addin to connect to OLEDB such as Proficy Historian.

Check it out.  This might help with what you need.

Best,

Stan

markschahl
Level V

Re: How to directly query Honeywell Process History Database from JMP?

Stan:

Awesome! I won’t be able to test it until after Memorial Day – running a global meeting next week. I will get back to you then.

I am presenting @ Discovery – will see you there.

Hersimran Mark Singh CHAHL

Senior Staff Engineer

Slurry Polymers Process Technology

ExxonMobil Chemical

5200 Bayway Drive BTECW-2031

Baytown, TX 77520 USA

+1.281.834.1552

hmschahl@exxonmobil.com<mailto:hmschahl@exxonmobil.com>