Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

How to detect if JSL execution stops? like a timeout?

djhanson

Community Trekker

Jun 23, 2011

Does anyone know of any JSL to detect if JSL script execution has stopped processing?  In other words, how to detect a JSL timeout, etc?

Application: JSL will launch a batch file that is located on a local network path.  Win8/JMP 11.1.1.

web(myNetworkFolderPath || "launch.bat");

Issue: Win8 stops the execution with a prompt "Open File - Security Warning.  We can't verify who created this file.  Are you sure you want to open this file?"

But this actually stops the execution in the JSL script.  I know how to fix the Win8 prompt, no big deal.  But what I'd like to do is to have JSL detect that it has stopped.  I've tried a While loop, but once again the JSL code simply stops processing within the While loop.  So I'm unable to trap or detect that the JSL code has stopped processing.  If I could detect that the JSL has stopped processing say through a timeout (e.g. 10 seconds), then I would like to prompt the user using JSL to do the steps to fix Win8 config.

thanks, dj

1 REPLY
Craige_Hales

Staff

Mar 21, 2013

try RunProgram.

filename = savetextfile("$temp\test.bat","echo hello world\!n");

RP = RunProgram(

Executable( filename ),

ReadFunction( "text" )

);

"

>echo hello world

hello world

"

Above, RunProgram sees "text" as the ReadFunction value and just waits for the external program to complete, then returns the output.  RunProgram can also work in a polled mode or a callback mode.  The scripting index has several examples (look for the combo box to select examples).

Craige