cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
plkx
Level I

How to create summary stats table with original columns and stats in rows?

Hello,

This seems like it should be trivial, but I've not found a way to accomplish the goal (so far - I'm relatively new to JMP but have spent significant time looking for this).

I have a large data table with 1779 columns, the first of which contains substance names, and the remaining 1778 (variables) contain numeric data for continuous modeling.

I need summary stats in a table that mirrors the columns in the original table, with the first column containing rows of the various summary stats (let's say these: N, N missing, min, max, range, median, mean, geometric mean, variance and standard deviation).

I want to use the summary stats to pick variables from the original columns (and to remove irrelevant variables altogether).

It seems silly to resort to Excel (which I don't totally trust for stats), only to transfer it all back to JMP, to Fit Y by X, etc.

Thanks,

PL

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
plkx
Level I

Re: How to create summary stats table with original columns and stats in rows?

Apparently, I just needed to reveal my ignorance before I was able to do this using tabulate by dragging each stat.

It would be nice to just have check boxes, or choose stats by highlighting them.

At least I can now move on...

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
plkx
Level I

Re: How to create summary stats table with original columns and stats in rows?

Apparently, I just needed to reveal my ignorance before I was able to do this using tabulate by dragging each stat.

It would be nice to just have check boxes, or choose stats by highlighting them.

At least I can now move on...