Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
eric_laloum
Level I

How to create a curve from a line ?

Hi all,

I'm using JMP 13.1.0.

I have a dataset with each sample being a spectrum and each column being a wavelength.

I would like to plot all the samples within one graph, just what I get within Excel, but I can't find the way to do that.

I'm aware that there is a spectra tool developed for version 16, but anyway, I would like to do so in my version 13.

I attached the datafile in JMP as well as the output in Excel, which I would like to have also within JMP !

Thanks for your help,

Eric

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
jthi
Super User

Re: How to create a curve from a line ?

1. Create new column which indicates the row number

2. stack your numerical columns

jthi_0-1654018747467.png

3. Create graph builder with your new data

jthi_1-1654018762748.png

using row as overlay and label as x-axis (change data/modeling types as you want them to be)

jthi_2-1654018781252.png

scaled to quite similar as your excel image

jthi_3-1654018835696.png

-Jarmo

View solution in original post

You might consider using the Functional Data Explorer in JMP Pro. It is designed to work with functional data, curves, profiles, and such data. This tool plots the curves, provides many useful pre-processing steps, and fits several models that are then used to extract functional principal components for further analysis in the X or Y role. For example, as Y, you can perform functional DOE to determine how to set factors to optimize the curve shape.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jthi
Super User

1. Create new column which indicates the row number

2. stack your numerical columns

jthi_0-1654018747467.png

3. Create graph builder with your new data

jthi_1-1654018762748.png

using row as overlay and label as x-axis (change data/modeling types as you want them to be)

jthi_2-1654018781252.png

scaled to quite similar as your excel image

jthi_3-1654018835696.png

-Jarmo

You might consider using the Functional Data Explorer in JMP Pro. It is designed to work with functional data, curves, profiles, and such data. This tool plots the curves, provides many useful pre-processing steps, and fits several models that are then used to extract functional principal components for further analysis in the X or Y role. For example, as Y, you can perform functional DOE to determine how to set factors to optimize the curve shape.