Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

How to copy charts from Consumer Research - Categorical

jenssjorslev

Community Trekker

Feb 5, 2015

In JMP for Mac, I can't copy the charts in the categorical platform, only the tables are copied, not the color charts, which I want to put into a report.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

There are a couple of ways to do this, but generally I suggest this workflow, which will get your JMP graphs into a vector PDF.

1. Start by using the selection tool (S) or the fat plus on the tools pane. Grab all of the tables and graphs you are interested in -- they will highlight blue.8627_Screen Shot 2015-04-23 at 9.31.37 AM.png
  2. Then put it on the clipboard by Apple-C (or edit > copy).
  3. Open up the Preview app.
  4. Click File > New. This will create a new PDF of your graph as shown below. 8628_Screen Shot 2015-04-23 at 9.33.18 AM.png
  5. Save the file and you will have a PDF of your report.
  6. If you are pasting into Word, you need to make sure you "Paste Special" and select PDF. A regular Copy/Paste will not give you the intended results. (Word shown below -- regular paste on the left; paste special on the right.)

8629_Screen Shot 2015-04-23 at 9.35.16 AM.png

Check out the JMP blog: jmp.com/blog
2 REPLIES
Solution

There are a couple of ways to do this, but generally I suggest this workflow, which will get your JMP graphs into a vector PDF.

1. Start by using the selection tool (S) or the fat plus on the tools pane. Grab all of the tables and graphs you are interested in -- they will highlight blue.8627_Screen Shot 2015-04-23 at 9.31.37 AM.png
  2. Then put it on the clipboard by Apple-C (or edit > copy).
  3. Open up the Preview app.
  4. Click File > New. This will create a new PDF of your graph as shown below. 8628_Screen Shot 2015-04-23 at 9.33.18 AM.png
  5. Save the file and you will have a PDF of your report.
  6. If you are pasting into Word, you need to make sure you "Paste Special" and select PDF. A regular Copy/Paste will not give you the intended results. (Word shown below -- regular paste on the left; paste special on the right.)

8629_Screen Shot 2015-04-23 at 9.35.16 AM.png

Check out the JMP blog: jmp.com/blog
jenssjorslev

Community Trekker

Feb 5, 2015

Thank you very much - yes it works this way. It is just that now most, if not all?, graphs can be copied directly in the platform by right-clicking in the graph area, select Edit, select Copy Picture or Copy Graph. That also produces a scalable PDF that can be directly inserted into a Word document. So why hasn't this been implemented in the Consumer Research Categorical platform? Something for the next update