BookmarkSubscribe
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Ravi814
Occasional Contributor

How to convert PKD files into JMP

Hi All,

I have a few old files in PKD format and i want to use them in JMP. Could you please advise how i can import files into JMP ? 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4

Re: How to convert PKD files into JMP

JMP will not read PKD files.  You will need to open the files with a tool like Desktop Reporter and save the data out as CSV or SPSS and then import the files into JMP.

Brian Corcoran

JMP Development

Ravi814
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Brian. very helpful.

Unfortunately, my desktop reporter license has expired. So, i cant use Desktop reporter to create SPSS/CSV files out of PKD files.

Is there any other way I can convert PKD files into JMP ?

Thank you

Ravi

0 Kudos
Highlighted

If you select the File->Open dialog and then All Files *.* as the file filter, you can then select the PKD file and see if JMP will open it.  There was an experimental feature for PKD files that was put into JMP long ago and abandoned due to the complexity of the file type.  It may open the file.  Please know that this is experimental.  SAS makes no guarantee that the file will open, or to the accuracy of the imported data.  It could very well be incorrect.  

Brian Corcoran

JMP Development

Ravi814
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Brian for your advise. i couldn't open pkd files directly from the JMP version i had. However, i was able to convert PKD files to JMP via desktop reporter.

Thanks again for your help!

0 Kudos