cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
poulravn
Level IV

How to control dimension when graphs wrap?

Hi, I have a data table with discrete and numeric variables. The discrete variable is basically a serial identifier. The numeric variables are time series style: On of the variables is the time from start of data sampling, the other variables are properties the vary with time. In a typical plot prepared by graph builder, I create first a graph showing a continous variable versus time. Then I drag the serial identifier over the wrap tab in the graph layout. That splits the graphs according to the identifier. I want to be able to control the dimensions of the splitting process. Meaning that I want for instance always to have 4 sub graphs horizontally and as many sub graphs vertically depending on how many identifiers I have selected. I also want the horizontal dimension to be maintained when I apply filtering. Basically I want a behaviour similar to the use of templates and PROC GREPLAY in SAS Graph.

Regards Poul

4 REPLIES 4
ms
Super User (Alumni) ms
Super User (Alumni)

Re: How to control dimension when graphs wrap?

In JMP 10 you can specify the number of horizontal graphs, by right-clicking on the wrap variable and select "Levels per Row...".

In JSL it can look like this:

Wrap( :Identifier, Levels per Row( 4 ) )

poulravn
Level IV

Hi, thanks for the input. I should have said, that I use JMP 9.03, not v. 10. I did not try the script though, but perhaps it works there. I will try.

Regards

Poul

poulravn
Level IV

I did not work. I tried:

Wrap ( :PN, Levels per Row(3)),

but it no effect.

Regards

Poul

ms
Super User (Alumni) ms
Super User (Alumni)

Yes, Graph Builder made a major leap forward in JMP 10. You may try to assign two dynamic "dummy" identifiers for Group X and Group Y, respectivele. One fixed four levels and the other varying according to total number of classes. However, it would never look exactly like a real graphbuilder wrap variable.