cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
poulravn
Level IV

How to control dimension when graphs wrap?

Hi, I have a data table with discrete and numeric variables. The discrete variable is basically a serial identifier. The numeric variables are time series style: On of the variables is the time from start of data sampling, the other variables are properties the vary with time. In a typical plot prepared by graph builder, I create first a graph showing a continous variable versus time. Then I drag the serial identifier over the wrap tab in the graph layout. That splits the graphs according to the identifier. I want to be able to control the dimensions of the splitting process. Meaning that I want for instance always to have 4 sub graphs horizontally and as many sub graphs vertically depending on how many identifiers I have selected. I also want the horizontal dimension to be maintained when I apply filtering. Basically I want a behaviour similar to the use of templates and PROC GREPLAY in SAS Graph.

Regards Poul

4 REPLIES 4
ms
Super User (Alumni) ms
Super User (Alumni)

Re: How to control dimension when graphs wrap?

In JMP 10 you can specify the number of horizontal graphs, by right-clicking on the wrap variable and select "Levels per Row...".

In JSL it can look like this:

Wrap( :Identifier, Levels per Row( 4 ) )

poulravn
Level IV

Hi, thanks for the input. I should have said, that I use JMP 9.03, not v. 10. I did not try the script though, but perhaps it works there. I will try.

Regards

Poul

poulravn
Level IV

I did not work. I tried:

Wrap ( :PN, Levels per Row(3)),

but it no effect.

Regards

Poul

ms
Super User (Alumni) ms
Super User (Alumni)

Yes, Graph Builder made a major leap forward in JMP 10. You may try to assign two dynamic "dummy" identifiers for Group X and Group Y, respectivele. One fixed four levels and the other varying according to total number of classes. However, it would never look exactly like a real graphbuilder wrap variable.