cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
hans
Level I

How to collect all data tables in a new window

I have a script that extracts data from a database and returns a randum number of tables. I'd like to have all tables gathered in one window where a user can scroll down to see tables instead of having the tables behind each other. I have tried an approach where i make the calls to the database and afterwards make a new window and loop through all tabels and append them to the window (see below) but that does not work. Maybe the approach is all wrong and I have to start by creating the window and then add the tables when they are returned for the database or...?

thanks in advance :-)

Hans Jørgen

nw

= New Window( "EDC lag time reports for "|| Ttrial || "", show menu(0), show toolbars(0))

;

for

( i = 1, i<= N Table(), i

++,

nw

<< Append( Data Table(i) )

;

)

;

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ms
Super User (Alumni) ms
Super User (Alumni)

Re: How to collect all data tables in a new window

Append requires a "display box" and does not recognize a Data Table as such. Try the dt << New Data Box() command to capture a table within a display box. Or if the goal is merely to browse the tables, a plain journal could work.

Examples:

nw1 = New Window("vertical tables");

nw2 = New Window("horizontal tables", hlb = H List Box());

For(i = 1, i <= N Table(), i++,

nw1 << Append(Data Table(i) << new data box); //Active tables on top of eachother

hlb << Append(Data Table(i) << new data box); //Active tables side by side

Data Table(i) << journal; // Journal; tables inactive, for browsing data only

);

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ms
Super User (Alumni) ms
Super User (Alumni)

Append requires a "display box" and does not recognize a Data Table as such. Try the dt << New Data Box() command to capture a table within a display box. Or if the goal is merely to browse the tables, a plain journal could work.

Examples:

nw1 = New Window("vertical tables");

nw2 = New Window("horizontal tables", hlb = H List Box());

For(i = 1, i <= N Table(), i++,

nw1 << Append(Data Table(i) << new data box); //Active tables on top of eachother

hlb << Append(Data Table(i) << new data box); //Active tables side by side

Data Table(i) << journal; // Journal; tables inactive, for browsing data only

);

hans
Level I

YES - that made the difference. Thanks