BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
LarsBirger
Not applicable

How to chose the most appropriate value from one of three columns and copy it to a fourth column?

Hi,

I am using JMP Pro on a regular basis in my work as a clinical professor of surgery in Sweden. Since not so many academic researchers in Sweden use JMP I really have appreciated the help I have got from the forum since there are not, yet, so many colleagues that I can ask (they mostly use SPSS).

My question is the following. I have three collums with events where Column 1 is Time in days to today´s date; column 2 is time to death and column 3 is time to new intervention. I would like to write a formula in the fourth column that först looks into column 3 and if there is a date there it picks it to column 4. If there is no date in column 3 it looks to column 2 and if there is a date there it picks that date. Otherwise it picks the date in column 1. See below where I have tried to exemplify:

Column 1.      Column 2       Column 3            Column 4

100                 ----------           -----------             100

100                 32                  ------------              32

100                 25                  10                        10

Would very much appreciated if I could write some formula in column 4 that picks out the numbers from columns 1-3.

Sincerely yours

Lars

0 Kudos
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ian_jmp
Staff

Re: How to chose the most appropriate value from one of three columns and copy it to a fourth column?

Please take a look at the formula in the table attached and check that's the behaviour you want:

1 REPLY 1
ian_jmp
Staff

Re: How to chose the most appropriate value from one of three columns and copy it to a fourth column?

Please take a look at the formula in the table attached and check that's the behaviour you want: