cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
ks_SES
Level III

How to change the thickness of the tick mark or is there any way to make it look darker?

ks_SES_0-1581977640156.png

My manager does not like the thin gray tick mark in the plot. I cannot find a way to change it. Please help if you know how to make the tick mark thicker or darker. 

Thanks! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
stan_koprowski
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: How to change the thickness of the tick mark or is there any way to make it look darker?

Hi @ks_SES,

The color of the tick marks are linked to the frame color within the Styles preference group.

JMP-->Preferences-->Styles.

I don't see a setting to adjust the thickness of the tick mark for an individual axis.

But if you change the Window Background Color and the Frame Color you might be able to get the desired effect you are looking to achieve.

adjusting frame color and window background coloradjusting frame color and window background color

cheers,

Stan

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
stan_koprowski

Re: How to change the thickness of the tick mark or is there any way to make it look darker?

Hi @ks_SES,

You can double-click on an axis to bring up the axis modification dialog.

Here you can make the changes you seek.

Right-click on background to change background color.

Right-Click on background to modify colorRight-Click on background to modify colorDouble-click on the axis to modify axis settings as shown below.

Double-click on an axis to modify tick marksDouble-click on an axis to modify tick marks

Double-click on an axis to remove axis label as shown below.

Double-click on an axis to modify labelsDouble-click on an axis to modify labels

cheers,

Stan

ks_SES
Level III

Thanks! Stan. I am able to reach the axis modification window, but there seems to be now way to change the display of the tick mark. I wish I can change the color of tick mark from gray to black but I could not find anything after I almost tried everything possible. 

stan_koprowski

Hi @ks_SES,

The color of the tick marks are linked to the frame color within the Styles preference group.

JMP-->Preferences-->Styles.

I don't see a setting to adjust the thickness of the tick mark for an individual axis.

But if you change the Window Background Color and the Frame Color you might be able to get the desired effect you are looking to achieve.

adjusting frame color and window background coloradjusting frame color and window background color

cheers,

Stan

ks_SES
Level III

Hi, Stan, Thank you very much!