Our World Statistics Day conversations have been a great reminder of how much statistics can inform our lives. Do you have an example of how statistics has made a difference in your life? Share your story with the Community!
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
scottahindle
Level IV

How to apply different detection rules to different phases in a single control chart?

I have just over 1,000 values that extend over three different conditions and I have control limits for these three different phases on one control chart. In the first two phases control chart detection rule 1 is all I need, and want, to use.

For the 3rd, most recent condition a sceptic might ask why I only apply detection rule 1 to find signals of instability.

Is there any way to knowingly apply different detection rules to different phases on the same control chart, say as example Rule 1 only for conditions 1 and 2, and then Rules 1 and 2 for the 3rd condition? Meaning:

- First and Second phase: Rule 1 only

- Third phase: Rules 1 and 2 (or whichever rules of the 8 I could select from)

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Byron_JMP
Staff

Re: How to apply different detection rules to different phases in a single control chart?

Sounds like an interesting  and useful thing to do. I don't see a way to do it without subsetting the data generating the reports and then recombining the graph parts.

JMP Systems Engineer, Pharm and BioPharm Sciences
Article Labels

There are no labels assigned to this post.