cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
fjshi
Level II

How to add "center or axial point" to fractional factorial design?

Hi all,

I am trying to create a fractional factorial design for seven factors and one response. But I would also like to add "center or axial point" to the design to account for quadratic effect. I use quotation mark for the "center or axial point" because I don't know what to call these points. Essential these points that I want to add are center of one or two factor instead of all the factors.

I've tried CCD and screening design option in jmp, but couldn't find the design list I need.

15 REPLIES 15
fjshi
Level II

Re: How to add "center or axial point" to fractional factorial design?

I mean replicate the entire experiment, but preferably in a randomized order generated by jmp program instead of manually repeating the same design table.

louv
Staff (Retired)

Just save off the two DSD experiments and concatenate the tables so that you have the 34 runs. Then add a column to that table and using the column formula in the column attributes generate a random number. Then sort the table by that random column. This will result in a totally randomized replicated DSD.

fjshi
Level II

Which function are you using for the column formula?

I tried random->random integer(34), which gives me random number between 1 and 34. But the random numbers have replicates.

You want to use random index:

Random Index( 1, 34 );

Best,

M

fjshi
Level II

Random index did not work.

Random Index(n, k)

Description

Returns a k by 1 matrix of random integers between 1 and n with no duplicates.

louv
Staff (Retired)

I just use Random Uniform with no editing and have no duplicates due to the length of decimals.