Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

How to add limits to a JMP file external to JMP?

Hi Guys,

I am converting a text file into a jmp file through unix. The text file has data in a row fashion and it is being converted to a column format with row names converted to column names in the resulting jmp file. The text file also has limits in it. Is there any way I can add limits (that are present in the text file) to the columns external to JMP? I know how to add the limits to the columns once the converted text file is loaded into JMP, but is there a way I can do it externally?

Thanks.
3 REPLIES
Sorry to bump this thread up but does anybody have an idea about this?
mpb

Super User

Jun 23, 2011

I'm not sure what exactly you want to do. It sounds as if you want to capture the limits in another text file so that when you load the data file into JMP for the first time you can run a script that will read in the limits file and automatically apply the limits to the appropriate columns. You certainly can do this. You would read in a set of limits from each row of the limits table. For each set you would use the Set Properties column message to apply the limits to the associated column.
Ok I understand now. I was confusing the limits in the text file with the ones for the JMP columns.