cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
zainilmin
Level I

How read BLOB datatype from Database into JMP and transform it to generate image?

I am trying to read the BLOB data present in database and transforming it to generate image. The data table when imported into jmp shows the BLOB field as empty. The blob field is stored in the database correctly

3 REPLIES 3
Kevin_Anderson
Level VI

Re: How read BLOB datatype from Database into JMP and transform it to generate image?

Have you looked under Help > Scripting Index and searched for "blob"?  In particular, the LoadTextFile() function supports BLOBs, and can even read substrings from BLOBs.

Re: How read BLOB datatype from Database into JMP and transform it to generate image?

I'm sorry, but BLOB data import is not supported in the JMP ODBC interface.  JMP ignores the BLOB because it doesn't know how it should be interpreted.

Brian Corcoran

JMP Development

vkessler
Level IV

We were able to transfer BLOB data (JPG) from a database to jmp. Maybe this thread is helpful to solve your problem.