cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
rexneal
Level III

How is are Scaled Estimates Calculated ?

I am a new JMP Pro User with the following query. Using the Fit Model Standard Least Squares platform, I have 67 columns of continuous data. Each column has 213 rows. The 67 columns are entered as Y. Construct model effects adds another column containing five groups, each categorical. I am using this platform instead regular ANOVA to test interactions and other interactive effects. I find the scaled estimates to be highly informative. But exactly how is the scaled estimate calculated?

Thanks so much. JMP is fun.

rexneal

5 REPLIES 5
txnelson
Super User

Re: How is are Scaled Estimates Calculated ?

I could not find any reference to how they are calculated in the JMP Documentation
Help==>Books
You may need to go to
support@JMP.com
to get your answer
Jim
rexneal
Level III

Jim,

Thanks so much

Scaled Estimates Report

Check out the link above, it gives some indication of how a scaled estimate is calculated for a continuous variable.

rexneal
Level III

No link. I must be obtuse. My question is how are scaled estimates calculated with a categorical variable?

sseligman
Staff

The Scaled Estimates are only calculated for continuous model terms. An explanation of the method is described in the online documentation: Scaled Estimates and the Coding of Continuous Terms.

Categorical model terms are not scaled or otherwise affected by the "Scaled Estimates" option.