Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
OneNorthJMP
Level IV

How fresh start new JMP without keep the old data tables

After i update to new JMP Pro 14.2.0, everything i open the new JMP. It will open up with the old data table and analysis that keep from last time. Is that any setting to make sure every time i open a JMP, the previous data table that i open will not open? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
andersonmj2
Level IV

Re: How fresh start new JMP without keep the old data tables

With thanks to @txnelson for his earlier answer to this question ... what I found useful was #2 when this first came up.  JMP initially asks if you want to re-open files when JMP next is started, and if you say 'yes', that is what will happen.

You should be able to clear this by:

1. Closing the data table after it has been opened and then exiting JMP.  When you restart JMP it should not be there.

2. Go to File==>Preferences, the General Tab, and change the settings for Save the Session, to never

3. Go the the saved JMP file, and rename it, using the File Explorer window

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
andersonmj2
Level IV

Re: How fresh start new JMP without keep the old data tables

With thanks to @txnelson for his earlier answer to this question ... what I found useful was #2 when this first came up.  JMP initially asks if you want to re-open files when JMP next is started, and if you say 'yes', that is what will happen.

You should be able to clear this by:

1. Closing the data table after it has been opened and then exiting JMP.  When you restart JMP it should not be there.

2. Go to File==>Preferences, the General Tab, and change the settings for Save the Session, to never

3. Go the the saved JMP file, and rename it, using the File Explorer window

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Article Labels

There are no labels assigned to this post.