cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Jen1
Level I

How do you add a title to a box plot?

In the JMP report window for the analysis I've just done, one the the results is a set of box plots all together in the same graph. That's exactly how I want it to look. I want to add this graph into a paper, which would be fine but I can't figure out how to add a title to it. I'm not working in the graph builder. I am working in the report window. 

Just double clicking on the title next to the red triangle and editing that doesn't really help because, if you copy and paste the graph into a word document, that title does not come along for the ride. 

I can figure out everything else: editing the axes, changing the colors, fonts, adding a legend, etc. I just can't figure out how to get a title across the top. How do you add one? Or, alternatively, is there a way to export it out so the title next to the red triangle is included in the graph? 

2 REPLIES 2
txnelson
Super User

Re: How do you add a title to a box plot?

If you include the title in the selection you are making, it will copy it go Word as a title.

Here is a simple graph with the title changed.gb1.PNG

If you go to the tool bar and select the selection tool "+"

gb2.PNG

You can then click on the title and it will include the title and the complete graph

gb3.PNG

So when you copy and paste this selected area into a word document it brings the title along as a title

gb4.PNG

Jim
ThuongLe
Level IV

Re: How do you add a title to a box plot?

I'd like to add in to Jim's response. 

You can actually do further editing if you use Paste Special function in Word after you copy from JMP. Choose Picture (Enhanced Metafile)

111.PNG

If you right click on the picture, you can actually edit it within Word

222.PNG

Thuong Le