Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
fkhan4
Level I

How do use various increments on the same X-axis using graph builder?

I want to build a graph using linear data across different time points. The data is 8 weeks apart and consist of the same variable. However, my first two time points are on the same day. I want the first two data results to be slightly apart to be readable and not the same increments as the other data to avoid it being interpreted as 8 weeks apart. The variable in the dataset is collected across many years so the data entries for each time points are not collected on the same day.

fkhan4_0-1587592875305.png

Time points "0-B" and "0-I" are on the same day (week 0). All other inputs are 8 weeks apart.

Is it possible to modify the X-axis to have the first two points close together and keep the rest of the time points equally separated as they are in the shown graph?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
txnelson
Super User

Re: How do use various increments on the same X-axis using graph builder?

What I did was the following.  Using the Big Class data table, I created a new column which could either be a Recode, or a Formula column where all values from 50-60 for height, I set to 60.  I then created a Value Label for the new column, where I defined only the value of 60 to have the Label "50-60".  Here is the graph

recode.PNG

Jim
Article Labels

There are no labels assigned to this post.