cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
tejvishnu
Level II

How do I split a big data table into smaller ones? (un-merge or opposite of concatenate)

Hi,

Is there a script or a function which would essentially do the opposite of the "Concatenate" function? I have a massive data file with a source column which is the primary key & other columns associated with each primary key. I am trying to split this massive data table into several smaller tables based on the primary key. 

Any suggestions?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: How do I split a big data table into smaller ones? (un-merge or opposite of concatenate)

The easiest way to do this is to use the Subset with the "Subset By" selection

Talbles==>Subset

subset by.PNG

Jim

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
txnelson
Super User

Re: How do I split a big data table into smaller ones? (un-merge or opposite of concatenate)

The easiest way to do this is to use the Subset with the "Subset By" selection

Talbles==>Subset

subset by.PNG

Jim
tejvishnu
Level II

I tried it and it worked perfectly. Thanks a bunch!

I must confess I am bit embarrassed that for as long as I have been using JMP (especially the "Subset" function) I did not even notice the "By" checkbox. 

txnelson
Super User

I remember using JMP 3, and with the breadth and depth of JMP, I learn new JMP functionality all the time.

Jim