cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
jmpquestion
Level I

How do I show labels for low N stacked bars and also show label above bar of a separate column?

Hello,

In the stacked bar chart attached to this question I have low N sample set for one category (fail) and would like to show the N, however they are currently hidden below a certain value. I'd also like to display values from the column perc_fail above each stacked chart. Could you please advise?

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How do I show labels for low N stacked bars and also show label above bar of a separate column?

I don't see how to do what you want interactively. The problem is the stacking. You want JMP to put the labels above the "fail" bars, but not the "pass" bars. That would make the label for the fails look like a label for the entire bar. Plus, the scales for pass vs. fail are very different, which is why the fails look so small and are illegible.

Why not consider separating the passes and fails? I have provided an example below. It makes it pretty clear which categories have lots of fails and passes. Plus, the fail scale is much clearer so I can more easily see which categories have no fails. Before, any category with a 1 looked like a 0. This is much clearer to me, at least.

Dan_Obermiller_0-1621636517675.png

Dan Obermiller

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: How do I show labels for low N stacked bars and also show label above bar of a separate column?

I don't see how to do what you want interactively. The problem is the stacking. You want JMP to put the labels above the "fail" bars, but not the "pass" bars. That would make the label for the fails look like a label for the entire bar. Plus, the scales for pass vs. fail are very different, which is why the fails look so small and are illegible.

Why not consider separating the passes and fails? I have provided an example below. It makes it pretty clear which categories have lots of fails and passes. Plus, the fail scale is much clearer so I can more easily see which categories have no fails. Before, any category with a 1 looked like a 0. This is much clearer to me, at least.

Dan_Obermiller_0-1621636517675.png

Dan Obermiller