It’s World Statistics Day! To honor the theme of the day, the JMP User Community is having conversations about the importance of trust in statistics and data. And we want to hear from you! Tell us the steps you take to ensure that your data is trustworthy.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
LNitz
Level III

How do I replace point labels in factor analysis plots

I am using factor anlysis to group thematic responses in a German survey.  All of the variable names and labels are in German, but I plan to display the results in an English-speaking context.  I can turn on point labeling for each of the variables in a set of plots, but then label with the German construction variable names.   For some points I wan to use a simple English word, for others I would want to use the value labels in the data set. I see two options, one of which I know I can do:

1.  Change the variable labels for those variables in the analysis to short, simple, English expressions.  I know how to do this.

2.  Try to find where the point labels are stored in the process of composing the plot and then change them. I don't know how to do this.

Finally, there are often too many point labels: I would like to suppress those with small values that appear clustered in the center of the factor plot.

I would like to try a procedure which is interactive, at least intially, before attempting scripting.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
txnelson
Super User

Re: How do I replace point labels in factor analysis plots

Please attach an example of the chart you are referencing.

Jim
Highlighted
LNitz
Level III

I have attached a sample plot, labeled with variable names. I would like
to replace them with English names, rather than the originals.
Highlighted
txnelson
Super User

I can not see any attachment.  If you just pasted it into the reply, that does not work.  You need to add it as a Photo: see the icons above the response, or attach it as a file, using the Browse selection at the bottom of the response.

Jim
Highlighted
LNitz
Level III

I added the document as a Word file. I can try again later adding it as a
photo.
Highlighted
LNitz
Level III

Thanks for the cues.

I have attached a JPG of a sample plot to this message.

Article Labels

There are no labels assigned to this post.