Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

How do I put filters when I import data from Excel for an Application using JSL?

sanqub

Community Trekker

Jan 11, 2016

Dear member,

I have been using JMP for more than a year but had not used JSL. Now, would like to build an application using JSL to do similar analysis. So I have couple of questions regarding the same.

Suppose an excel worksheet has year's worth of data. When I am importing data from this worksheet into the application, can I set filters like to import just one month's data? Right now I can just select the data based on dates which has been already imported into JMP.

dt = Open( "C:\Users\40164188\Desktop\JMP scripts\Sample data1.jmp" );
dt << select Where( :Date >= Informat( "6/12/2017 12:00:00 PM", "m/d/y h:m:s" ) & :Date >= Informat( "11/10/2017 12:00:00 PM", "m/d/y h:m:s" ) );
graph = Graph Builder(
	Variables( X( :temperature ), Y( :thickness ), Color(:output) ),
	Elements( Points( X, Y, Legend( 3 ) ), Smoother( X, Y, Legend( 4 ) ) ));
rgraph = Report( graph );

There are a number of sample applications in JMP application but they are without the scripts. So can you please direct me to any application with complete scripts, it would be really helpful for me to plan my scripts. Even if you have any application of your own just initial part of it would be grand as well. 

Thanks

San

3 REPLIES
markbailey

Staff

Jun 23, 2011

See Help > Books > Using JMP > Chapter 11: Extend JMP - Create Dashboards.

From your description, a dashboard might suffice without the need for any scripting. A dashboard is a JMP application in reality but it is much easier to build and use. You can easily promote it to an application later if necessary using parameters or scripts.

I suggest that you read the entire chapter before you begin. It includes many examples to illustrate how a dashboard works and how to build one. The last example shows how to use Query Builder to select the data first, although earlier examples show how to apply a data filter if that way is preferable. You can save the dashboard and it runs a new query the next time you use the dashboard.

Learn it once, use it forever!
sanqub

Community Trekker

Jan 11, 2016

Thanks for the suggestion and directing me to the documentation.

However, I use JMP12, but I had come across few of these features in Scripting guide (application builder).

Waiting for concerned people from our University to upgrade license.

markbailey

Staff

Jun 23, 2011

You can accomplish the same result as a dashboard using JMP 13 using an instant application using JMP 12. Please see the same guide for help with JMP application objects.

Learn it once, use it forever!