cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
ambrose2
Level I

How do I overlay box plots in JMP so they are aligned instead of next to each other?

Assuming you have a set of x values (numerical, continuous) and 3 sets of y values (numerical, continuous), is there any way to overlay the series together and have box plots that are overlayed? When I add box plots with graph builder, the box plots take up their own independent space along the x-axis, instead of being aligned along the same value of x, the box plots won't intersect eachother. The box plots become too small and narrow. (Tried with JMP12 and 13).

2 REPLIES 2
pmroz
Super User

Re: How do I overlay box plots in JMP so they are aligned instead of next to each other?

I would use the STACK command to create one X and one Y column.  A third column would distinguish which set the X,Y pair came from.  Then it's a simple matter of using the third column as your BY variable in the plot.

ambrose2
Level I

Re: How do I overlay box plots in JMP so they are aligned instead of next to each other?

I created one x, one y, and one group column, and used Graph Builder to drag the x to the x, the y to the y, and the group column to the upper right corner "overlay". After selecting box plots on the top, I get the same result as previously.