cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
cg_lee
Level I

How do I make a Customize Menu_Toolbars for ANALYZE

Greetings to all experience and experts.

I am using JMP13 now, am facing a simple issue when try addding ANALYZE in the toolbars. It somehow appear as question mark icon. I attach a screen shot with brief description hoping to get your advices on how to solve this issue. Thank you.

Customize_toolbar_ANALYZE_not appearing.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How do I make a Customize Menu_Toolbars for ANALYZE

Hi  everyone - this thread is a couple of years old, but i happened upon it and tried this scenario. I can confirm that this issue is fixed in recent versions of JMP, back to JMP 14 and later. Anyone who finds this thread should be aware of that. 

Regards,

Audrey Shull

JMP Development

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
zys
zys
Level I

Same issue here. I have the same question mark "?" after trying to add the Variability Chart to the ANALYZE toolbars.
dadaniel1
Level I

I have a similar problem in that my Analyze/Quality and Process/Variation / Attribute Gauge Chart icon will not show up in the toolbar.  I've been playing with some settings and found a few things.

I have not been able to reproduce the exact problem you have but I have been able to toggle the Analyze Toolbars with the following options which may be worth investigating. 

• First is File-Preferences-Menus. This preference gives options to turn on and off some advanced menus.
    •   I have found that when I deselect/uncheck "Design of Experiments" a question mark "?" shows up in the Analyze toolbar with the tool tip of "Specialized DOE Models".  If I try to click it I get an error, "Command "Specialized DOE Models" could not be executed.   It's opposite of the expectation since you'd expect it to show up (and work) when you select it.  Probably a bug, but that is how I have been able to get the check mark to come and go.
    • I have also found that when I select/check "Quality Engineering" I get the "Control Chart Builder" icon to show up in my Analyze toolbar.  When I deselct/uncheck "Quality Engineering" the "Control Chart Builder" icon goes away and I lose the "Quality and Process" options in the Analyze menu item.  This one works as expected but it isn't the toolbar I want to see.
  • Second is the JMP Menu Editor.  Right click in the tool bar - Customize - Menus and toolbars.
    • This shows the menu and toolbar available.  If I open the Toolbars - Analyze drop down I get a list matching what I see on my toolbar.  I have not been able to get anything to happen in this editor, except to break my addin toolbar when I copied the Variability / Attribute Gauge Chart from the menu section down to the toolbar section.  But when I removed it, the toolbar came back in the default setup

Good Luck,

Dave

Hi  everyone - this thread is a couple of years old, but i happened upon it and tried this scenario. I can confirm that this issue is fixed in recent versions of JMP, back to JMP 14 and later. Anyone who finds this thread should be aware of that. 

Regards,

Audrey Shull

JMP Development