cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
mitu
Level II

How do I enable hover help text?

So I noticed that others had the ability to hover over things and a text box would appear with info about the object.

The ‘hover text’ pop-up that you get when you hold the mouse over a field.

However I seem to be missing it, when I hover over stuff nothing pops up, is there way to enable it?

I'm using JMP 13.

Here's an example of the hover text:

ezQszSM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mitu
Level II

Re: How do I enable hover help text?

Hi,
so I checked and that was already checked. I tried hovering over a similar analysis like in that example picture, but no text pops up still.

Nevermind! I realized you have to move the mouse in a circular motion in order for the text to show up.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
gzmorgan0
Super User (Alumni)

Check your preferences. Main Menu > File > Preferences or CTRL + K, Click on Reports. Make sure Hover Help is checked.

image.png

mitu
Level II

mitu
Level II

Hi,
so I checked and that was already checked. I tried hovering over a similar analysis like in that example picture, but no text pops up still.

Nevermind! I realized you have to move the mouse in a circular motion in order for the text to show up.

Thanks!

Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

The hover help is triggered by making a small circle over an item in the report.

-Jeff
gzmorgan0
Super User (Alumni)

Below are a couple of things to do to trouble shoot the problem. If they don't work, you should contact JMP Technical Support or you local IT person.

1. For p-values, etc, you need to circle your mouse near the reported item. It can be touchy
  2. Preferences, Report  and General, press the Reset to Defaults  [just in case task]
  3. If you are working on Windows and have not rebooted in a long time, reboot and try again.

If you are working on Windows, there are settings that can affect this. You should contact an IT person.

That is all I have.