Share your ideas for the JMP Scripting Unsession at Discovery Summit by September 17th. We hope to see you there!
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
chris_dennis
Level III

How do I create a Material Path Chart option in JMP

Does anyone have experance making a Material Path Chart using JMP graphing tools? I saw in a SAS webinar a chart that defined paths for material through different nodes and I thought this was a nice graphic for looking a material commonalities. Might be able to use the Associative Array to Graph, but not sure. i would like to add this to a script with ability to track pieces of material though the flow and define groups and use it to highlight common nodes of Good/Bad material to identify points for additional investagation. I was unable to attached a screen shot of the graph so I will try to describe: A series of nodes were defined. Arrangement is X steps of a process Y Equipment used at each step. Then paths the material followed though the nodes is defined and the paths are connected though each node (step equipment combination)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
stan_koprowski
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: How do I create a Material Path Chart option in JMP

Hi @chris_dennis

I think you are asking about parallel plots.

Here are some links to get you started

Creating parallel plots with Graph Builder

Example of creating a parallel plot with JMP

cheers,

Stan

View solution in original post

Parallel plots are not new to JMP, but they are new to Graph Builder and improved for JMP 13. Parallel plots let you examine an unlimited number of variables...
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
stan_koprowski
Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @chris_dennis

I think you are asking about parallel plots.

Here are some links to get you started

Creating parallel plots with Graph Builder

Example of creating a parallel plot with JMP

cheers,

Stan

View solution in original post

Parallel plots are not new to JMP, but they are new to Graph Builder and improved for JMP 13. Parallel plots let you examine an unlimited number of variables...
Highlighted
chris_dennis
Level III

Stan, this is right on target for what I wanted to do. I needed to reformat my data to make it work and still need to do some fine tunning and then script the data change but it gives me what I was looking to do. Thanks for your help.
Article Labels

There are no labels assigned to this post.