Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

How do I concatenate all open data tables

Joe

Occasional Contributor

Jan 5, 2017

Hi all,

This is my first time posting here, I have a script where I automatically open "n" tabs from excel into tables (where "n" is any number from 4 to 25) and then concatenate them. As the number of tabs changes is there any way in which I can just concatenate all currently open data tables rather than having to input every table name?

Thanks,

Joe

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
markbailey

Staff

Jun 23, 2011

Solution

I should have mentioned that you should test this option interactively first. That is, select Open and then select your Excel workbook. You should then enter the Excel Import Wizard where you will find the option (check box) for concatenation.

This way will verify that what you want to do is possible and, if so, you can copy the Source table script to begin your own script.

Learn it once, use it forever!
3 REPLIES
markbailey

Staff

Jun 23, 2011

You can use the optional argument to the Open() function to have the tables concatenated for you. See the Scripting Guide for details (Help > Books > Scripting Guide).

markbailey

Staff

Jun 23, 2011

Solution

I should have mentioned that you should test this option interactively first. That is, select Open and then select your Excel workbook. You should then enter the Excel Import Wizard where you will find the option (check box) for concatenation.

This way will verify that what you want to do is possible and, if so, you can copy the Source table script to begin your own script.

Joe

Occasional Contributor

Jan 5, 2017

Thank you very much! This is perfect!