Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
jrrfloyd0
Level I

How do I compare means and percentages in consumer research aligned responses table?

I have a consumer research study that includes 6 variables, each having the same 1=no, 2=yes response. I am using Analyze / Consumer Research / Categorical / Related / Aligned Responses. The transposed crosstab table nicely summarizes responses with each variable as a column and the yes/no responses as rows. The issue is that I cannot compare cells or means. I can show means for each column, but the Compare Means cells are blank. When I click on "Specify Comparison Groups," nothing happens... no dialog box to specify letters. Under Set Preferences I can't specify any other comparisons or confidence levels other than Compare Means, which shows an empty row. I would like to compare shares for each variable such that I can state which variables had higher Yes levels -- similar to what I would see on a structured crosstab. Is there a way to do this?

image.png

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
jrrfloyd0
Level I

Re: How do I compare means and percentages in consumer research aligned responses table?

JMP Technical support was helpful and I'm posting here to help anyone else who has the issue. In short, Aligned Responses is not designed for comparing means and percentages. But there is a way to make the comparisons by using Table / Stack to create a new table with the selected columns and then analyze using Consumer Research / Single (or Structured). Thanks to tech support Sarah! 

Article Labels

There are no labels assigned to this post.