cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
lwx228
Level VIII

How can you use a JSL implementation to select and jump to a currently invisible column?

Some columns are not visible on the current interface due to the number of columns in the data table.How to use the JSL implementation to select the penultimate column and transfer the interface to this column in the visible range.

2018-09-08_17-42-12.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gzmorgan0
Super User (Alumni)

Re: How can you use a JSL implementation to select and jump to a currently invisible column?

Page 43 of the JMP Scripting Guide , available from Help > Books, very clearly states:

• JMP cannot record scripts while you are working. Though script-recording is a useful
    feature in some other scripting languages, it is less important for software like JMP, where
    the results are what matter. You cannot use script-recording to observe how a sequence of
    interactive steps is performed.

Two weeks ago, I posted a response and script https://community.jmp.com/t5/Discussions/Select-specific-columns-with-JSL-name-contains-code/m-p/700...  

dt = current data table();

z = ncol(dt);

dt << bring window to front;
column(dt,z-1) << set selected;
dt<<goto(column(dt,z-1));

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
lwx228
Level VIII

Re: How can you use a JSL implementation to select and jump to a currently invisible column?

JMP's operations are not all recording JSL.Thank you very much!
lwx228
Level VIII

I can select the column in the following code, but I cannot implement a visual interface.

dt : cNa[z1-1]<< Set Selected( 1 );

or
dt : cNa[z1-1]<< Set Display Selected( 1 );
gzmorgan0
Super User (Alumni)

Page 43 of the JMP Scripting Guide , available from Help > Books, very clearly states:

• JMP cannot record scripts while you are working. Though script-recording is a useful
    feature in some other scripting languages, it is less important for software like JMP, where
    the results are what matter. You cannot use script-recording to observe how a sequence of
    interactive steps is performed.

Two weeks ago, I posted a response and script https://community.jmp.com/t5/Discussions/Select-specific-columns-with-JSL-name-contains-code/m-p/700...  

dt = current data table();

z = ncol(dt);

dt << bring window to front;
column(dt,z-1) << set selected;
dt<<goto(column(dt,z-1));
lwx228
Level VIII

This community is a good place to study. Thank you for your guidance!