Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

How can I apply spec limits of a column as contour minimum or maximum?

Hi Guys,

I have a table which has spec. limits added as properties to the columns. Is there any way I can take these limits from a column and use them as the minimum and maximum values of the contours for contour plot for that column?
I am using something like this:
Specify Contours(Min( -0.000001 ),Max( 0.000001 ),N( 5 ),
So can the Min and the Max value be like (LSL of that column,USL of that column)
Thanks.
10 REPLIES
mpb

Super User

Jun 23, 2011

If you open the Fitness data and make, say, a quadratic model for Oxy as a function of Runtime and Age, then the following will work. You can get the spec limits from the columns using Get Property assuming there are already spec limits assigned.
Thanks. I am trying something like this:

ms

Super User

Jun 23, 2011

<< Get Property() expects a column wheras f1 in your example is a list. And what's the point with a For loop if you don't use the counter i?

Try this inside the for loop:
I had the f square brackets i in my post too. It did not take it. I did not have Column f square brackets i. I will try that.Thanks.
mpb

Super User

Jun 23, 2011

I wish there were some way to have "sticky" posts which could contain posting instructions and would always be visible.

The following may be helpful in rendering square brackets and maintaining indentation.

You can get nicely indented code by right clicking in the script editor and choosing Reformat Script. Wrapping your code as indicated above seems to maintain that indentation.
Thanks that worked.

I am trying to pass the name as a string to the Contour plot.

I tried:

It is giving me a "Not Found in access or evaluation of 'Contour Plot' , Bad Argument( {:Name( "f1[%i]" )} " error. Again the website is not allowing me to use the square brackets and i in it. Is there any other way to pass an array which has the column names to a contour plot?

Message was edited by: jmpuseer
mpb

Super User

Jun 23, 2011

Even using my formatting tips I am having trouble getting this message to display properly...(!?!)
It did add the limits to the contours but not on the contour plot. When I right clicked on change contours and specify contours and hit ok, it changed the contours on the plot. Also I also got an error saying: There is a limit of 255 distinct values for list check table. Will it work with the Eval statement? I will try it to see if it does.

Message was edited by: jmpuseer
mpb

Super User

Jun 23, 2011

Seems as if JMP thinks you are providing a list of allowable values for a column.