BookmarkSubscribe
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Shunee
Occasional Contributor

How can I apply Multiple Fit while building Bootstrap Forest by scripting?

I couldn't find Multiple Fit function in scripting index. Can I do it in scripting?

I can only find Maximum Number of Terms which is under the Multiple Fit Panel. I specified the maximum number of terms but the script does not impose multiple fit to the Bootstrap Forest.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3

Re: How can I apply Multiple Fit while building Bootstrap Forest by scripting?

You are correct. There is no message for Multiple Fits. That term is just the label for the group of options. You specify the individual options, such as the number of terms, instead:

Bootstrap Forest(
	Y( :Oxy ),
	X( :Age, :Weight, :Runtime, :RunPulse, :RstPulse, :MaxPulse ),
	Validation Portion( 0.2 ),
	Method( "Bootstrap Forest" ),
	Portion Bootstrap( 1 ),
	Number Terms( 5 ),
	Number Trees( 1 ),
	Go
);

The Scripting Index covers such options but in general, if you have trouble finding something, just run it a few times with different options and save the script to a script window (editor). You will see how the arguments are used to specify the options you changed.

Learn it once, use it forever!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Shunee
Occasional Contributor

Is there any way to perform the multiple fit in scripting? I'm not sure what is the optimal number of terms should I use in my model so I need Multiple fit to help me find the optimal number of terms. 

0 Kudos

My apology. I thought that the script above illustrated how you would get the multiple fits. It does not work that way. I tried a variety of techniques but have not had success.

Learn it once, use it forever!
0 Kudos