Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Histograms scalable?

I'm working with error data and like the "distributions" feature in JMP that can display a histogram of the error codes and calculates the probability of the error.

The only problem is that I like to include error code 0 in order to tally the probability of certain error codes. Error code 0 which is no error at all dominates the data and dwarfs all other error codes so that nothing shows up on the histogram graphics except for error code 0. Is there a way to change the scale on the histogram or to make it a log scale so I can see the other error codes?
3 REPLIES
XanGregg

Staff

Jun 23, 2011

If your turn on the density axis for the histogram, you can adjust it to see the smaller bars at the expense of the long bar. Or make a separate histogram with error code 0 excluded.
I can't seem to adjust the density axis. If I right click on it, it says that the axis is locked. Is there a way to unlock it? I am using JMP 7.0.

If I exclude the 0's then I have to calculate my probabilities manually. I like the first solution better if I can get it to work.
XanGregg

Staff

Jun 23, 2011

Adjusting the density axis requires JMP 8. Can't think of a work-around for JMP 7.