cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
wongpl
Level II

Histogram count

I have plotted a histogram and plan to extract the histogram count in each column for further data manipulation.

can i know how i can get the row count ( orange arrow) in the histogram column and extract it in a table or variable/array?

6862_distribution.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ms
Super User (Alumni) ms
Super User (Alumni)

Re: Histogram count

One way is to choose Save/Level Numbers found in the red triangle menu in the distribution report. A column with level ID's is then added to the original data table. Use e.g. Summary in the Tables menu to get the counts by selecting the ID column Level N in the Group filed and N of your variable of interest in the Statistics field.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ms
Super User (Alumni) ms
Super User (Alumni)

One way is to choose Save/Level Numbers found in the red triangle menu in the distribution report. A column with level ID's is then added to the original data table. Use e.g. Summary in the Tables menu to get the counts by selecting the ID column Level N in the Group filed and N of your variable of interest in the Statistics field.

tjmills
Level II

You can also use the Save/Midpoint to save the data value of the histogram rather than just the bin number.

theseventhhill
Level II

If I have more than 100 such distributions, how do i do a save levels options as a save all ? I hope there is a efficient way to export for each distribution 

txnelson
Super User

Holding down the CNTL key, while selecting the Save==>Level Numbers will generate the Level Numbers for all distributions that are displayed.

The holding down of the CNTL key while selecting options, or changing the size of a graph, etc. is a universal JMP option. The feature is documented in the Using JMP book

Help==>Books==>Using JMP

or in the 14th "Tip of the Day"

Help==>Tip of the Day

Jim