Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Hiding the Secondary Axis Labels JSL

emccall

New Contributor

Aug 28, 2017

Hi, was wondering if anybody knew any jsl code that hides seccondary axis labels. When I create a graph with elements in the seccondary axis, it creates a label on the right hand side that says, variable x and  2 more. For example, price and 2 more. I can manually click to hide this label, however, when I copy the script and re run it, the labels appear again. Does anybody know how to solve this? I am trying to mass produce graphs. Thanks

3 REPLIES
txnelson

Super User

Jun 22, 2012

You can find all of the messages that you can pass to a platform in the Scripting Index

Help==>Scripting Index

Here is an example taken from the Scripting Index that deletes the labels

Names Default To Here( 1 );
Open( "$SAMPLE_DATA/Big Class.jmp" );
biv = Bivariate(
	Y( :weight ),
	X( :height ),
	FitLine
);
rbiv = biv << report;
axisbox = rbiv[axis box( 1 )];
axisbox << RemoveAxisLabel( "weight" );
Jim
emccall

New Contributor

Aug 28, 2017

Thanks! The scripting help is very useful. I have tried to use your code on my graph, but couldn't get rid of the title. My graph was created using graph builder. My title is "ask_lvl_1 & 7 more". It is located on the right side, going up and down (the seccondary axis). The 7 more represent 7 other variables on the axis. I have tried subsituting the variable names for 7 more and also using & to seperate the names. Any other suggestions?

emccall

New Contributor

Aug 28, 2017

I think I am just going to manually set the title to "" so no need to respond. Thanks!