cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
mcstagger
Level III

Hiding "No" or Zero Arguments from Data Table

I am dealing with a data set that has several user groups that I will be cross tabbing. Whenever I drop a user group into a banner or stub, I am also shown those not in the group ("No", 0 in data column) along side those in the group ("Yes", 1 in data column). Seeing those not in the group in this way is not particularly relevant to my needs. Is there a way that I can prevent the "No's" from showing up in Tabulate and Consumer Research->Categorical?

Imagine that the Two cells labeled Group 1 are merged and centered...

I would like to get this...

Header 1Group 1Group 1
NoYes
Like Extremely32.5%49.2%
Like a Lot25.1%34.6%

To look like this...

Header 1Group 1
Yes
Like Extremely49.2%
Like a Lot34.6%
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ms
Super User (Alumni) ms
Super User (Alumni)

Re: Hiding "No" or Zero Arguments from Data Table

Delete all "No" or 0 from the data (e.g. by find and replace all).

But if you don't want to change the data, you can use the column property "Missing Value Code". If "No" is set as missing value, it would not show up in reports.

Both of the above assume that the check box "Include missing for grouping columns" in Tabulate is not checked.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ms
Super User (Alumni) ms
Super User (Alumni)

Delete all "No" or 0 from the data (e.g. by find and replace all).

But if you don't want to change the data, you can use the column property "Missing Value Code". If "No" is set as missing value, it would not show up in reports.

Both of the above assume that the check box "Include missing for grouping columns" in Tabulate is not checked.

mcstagger
Level III

Thank you MS. That worked perfectly.