Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Hi can any one help?

sgh

Community Trekker

Mar 5, 2014

I wanted to know how to import live stock price data into JMP from a URL, shown in the below screenshot. I would like to devise my own analysis to view price changes in a number of different formats with the aim of accurate forecasts.

5108_Screen Shot 2014-03-06 at 03.06.44.png

Thank you.

3 REPLIES
louv

Staff

Jun 23, 2011

There is an add-in located in the JMP File exchange that can import stock prices.

http://support.sas.com/demosdownloads/downarea_t4.jsp?productID=110418&jmpflag=Y

sgh

Community Trekker

Mar 5, 2014

Hi

Thanks for your reply, it seems like the add in is only compatible for windows pcs and not macs which is what I'm using unfortunately.

Also I don't like using yahoo data as it isn't live, so id like to import from time to trade charts. Im not looking to reinvent the wheel, just want to view the charts in slightly different formats to allow automated spotting of price patterns.

Its starting to sound more and more like there isn't what I'm looking for out there, which will mean ill have to write my own software which i don't really have time to do!!

Your help is appreciated.

louv

Staff

Jun 23, 2011

Hi,

No, the add-in works on both Windows and the Mac. I actually have it installed on both instances of JMP and it worked. It does not get at your request for live data acquisition.