Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Help not working in JMP 13.2.1 under Chrome (F1)

pmroz

Super User

Jun 23, 2011

When I'm in JMP 13.2.1 and I hit the F1 key my default browser (Chrome) starts up but the screen is blank.  Has anyone else experienced this?  Any workarounds?  Windows 7, 64-bit.

Thanks!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Dahlia_Watkins

Jan 24, 2017

Solution

Verify third-party cookies are not blocked in Chrome (chrome://settings/content). If so, disable this option and try again. 

Cookies.png

Dahlia_Watkins

Jan 24, 2017

Solution

The fix would be to disable cookies, however because of the security you have in place, I have reported the behavior to Development for their review. In the interim, I would like to suggest the users default to JMP 13 Online Documentation, until Development has made a decision on how they will handle this behavior.

8 REPLIES
Jeff_Perkinson

Community Manager

Jun 23, 2011

I just tried on my machine and didn't have any problem. What address is shown in your browser?

-Jeff
pmroz

Super User

Jun 23, 2011

The address is file:///C:/Program%20Files/SAS/JMP/13/Help/index.html

Works fine in IE11, but not Chrome.

Dahlia_Watkins

Jan 24, 2017

Solution

Verify third-party cookies are not blocked in Chrome (chrome://settings/content). If so, disable this option and try again. 

Cookies.png

pmroz

Super User

Jun 23, 2011

Unfortunately our system administrators have forced this setting to on so I can't change it  :(

Cookies.png

KJ_HD

Staff

Apr 27, 2017

In JMP, go File > Preferences.  In the left pane, select File Locations.  In the right pane, select Help File directory and paste the line below into the location box :

C:\Program Files\SAS\JMP\13\Help\  

Then click “Apply” and “OK” and test again with F1.

pmroz

Super User

Jun 23, 2011

Sorry no luck chuck.  Hitting F1 brings up that directory in the URL anyway, regardless of whether I put that in as a preference or not.

Dahlia_Watkins

Jan 24, 2017

Solution

The fix would be to disable cookies, however because of the security you have in place, I have reported the behavior to Development for their review. In the interim, I would like to suggest the users default to JMP 13 Online Documentation, until Development has made a decision on how they will handle this behavior.

sheila_loring

May 27, 2014

This is a Chrome security issue. Another option is to use a different browser.

Development is working on a solution.