Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

HOW TO Calculate Abnormal rate by days in JMP?

TONYMA

Occasional Contributor

Feb 14, 2017

all, i Calculate Abnormal rate in excel ,but the result is different from what i Calculate in JMP。
i am god of yours
5 REPLIES
txnelson

Super User

Jun 22, 2012

Please excuse my ignorance, but I am not familiar with how you calculated the "Abnormal Quantity" that you are showing in your Excel table named "Excel result".   

Jim
chris_kirchberg

May 28, 2014

How are you calculating abnormal rate in JMP to get the graph shown in the JMP Result tab in your Excel file?
In JMP, if you want to divide abnormal quantity by produce quantity, then you can use a column formula similar to what you did in Excel.
Here is a quick way to do so. Once you have the data in JMP, you can select the two columns and then right click on them. Choose New Formula Column, then Combine, and then ratio. You will now get the same values as you do in Excel This new column would be the Y axis.

Does that help?

Chris K,
TONYMA

Occasional Contributor

Feb 14, 2017

dear

I want to use data in excel and Calculate Abnormal rate by JMP   directly.

i  upload how to Calculate Abnormal rate  in EXCEL

thank you,

i am god of yours
Jeff_Perkinson

Community Manager

Jun 23, 2011

Thank you for posting a sample of your data.

I can see that you want to summarize the data in the first tab of the Excel workbook to compute the percentage of abnormal products made on each day.

To do this I started by creating a JMP data table from the data tab in the Excel workbook.

JMPScreenSnapz086.png

Then, I used the Tables->Summary command to summarize the data.

JMPScreenSnapz087.pngJMPScreenSnapz088.png

Then I added a New Column in the summary table and used the Formula Editor to compute the percentage abnormal.

JMPScreenSnapz091.png

That gives me a new column I can use in Graph Builder to plot date by % abnormal.

JMPScreenSnapz093.png

JMPScreenSnapz092.png

I hope that helps.

-Jeff
TONYMA

Occasional Contributor

Feb 14, 2017

thank you very much!

i am god of yours