cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
jarret
Level I

Grouping in Distribution-CDF plot

In analyze->Distribution is it possible to create a CDF plot for the data being looked at. However, is does not seem possible to using a "grouping" feature to create mutiple trendlines on the same CDF graph, similar to what is possible in Analyze->Fix Y by X.

Does anyone know how do to this? Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mpb
mpb
Level VII

Re: Grouping in Distribution-CDF plot

Arrange your data so that the values for all groups are in one column (say, Data) with the group name identifying each row in a second column (Say ID). (If you have a bunch of columns in a table, use Tables>Stack to get the data in this form). Then do Fit Y by X with Data-->Y and ID-->X. From the resulting platform output click on the red triangle for Data and select CDF Plot.

Michael

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
mpb
mpb
Level VII

Arrange your data so that the values for all groups are in one column (say, Data) with the group name identifying each row in a second column (Say ID). (If you have a bunch of columns in a table, use Tables>Stack to get the data in this form). Then do Fit Y by X with Data-->Y and ID-->X. From the resulting platform output click on the red triangle for Data and select CDF Plot.

Michael
jarret
Level I

wow, thanks. Right under my nose!