cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
jarret
Level I

Grouping in Distribution-CDF plot

In analyze->Distribution is it possible to create a CDF plot for the data being looked at. However, is does not seem possible to using a "grouping" feature to create mutiple trendlines on the same CDF graph, similar to what is possible in Analyze->Fix Y by X.

Does anyone know how do to this? Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mpb
mpb
Level VII

Re: Grouping in Distribution-CDF plot

Arrange your data so that the values for all groups are in one column (say, Data) with the group name identifying each row in a second column (Say ID). (If you have a bunch of columns in a table, use Tables>Stack to get the data in this form). Then do Fit Y by X with Data-->Y and ID-->X. From the resulting platform output click on the red triangle for Data and select CDF Plot.

Michael

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
mpb
mpb
Level VII

Arrange your data so that the values for all groups are in one column (say, Data) with the group name identifying each row in a second column (Say ID). (If you have a bunch of columns in a table, use Tables>Stack to get the data in this form). Then do Fit Y by X with Data-->Y and ID-->X. From the resulting platform output click on the red triangle for Data and select CDF Plot.

Michael
jarret
Level I

wow, thanks. Right under my nose!