Expt_Output

Case II: Simulation

1. Sim_Slow speed

2. Sim_Fast speed

3. Sim_Acceleration

4. Sim_thickness

Response

Sim_Output

Q. I would like to compare results of Case I and case II; present with help of graphs like surface, contour or profilers.

Could you please help on how this can be done/tools which I can use to compare results on same graph.

[Input and outputs values are different for both experiments].

Q. Can a correlation factor be added saying if correlation factor is "X" simulation results match experimental model.

Thanks

3 REPLIES
Peter_Bartell

Jun 5, 2014

There are a variety of techniques you can use to plot results of both cases on the same graph...you might want to consider different plotting symbols or color differentiation. I always start an exercise such as you describe by asking myself the question, "What are the critical points or features or conclusions I want to communicate?" Then pick the appropriate visualization platform that can deliver that result. One good place to start is the JMP Graph Builder. Think of the Graph Builder as a scratch pad upon which you can try all manner of different visualizations.And if you are running JMP version 12...consider the HTLM5 with Data option to widely share results of selected platforms with others that don't have JMP. For selected platforms you can also retain some of JMP's signature user interactivity with the graphical elements too. Just be aware that your data is traveling along with the output HTML file so if your data is something you'd rather not have available to others...don't use that capability.

sanqub

Community Trekker

Jan 11, 2016

Thanks for your quick reply.

I have used graph builder. But how do I combine and represent two results (experiments and simulations) on a single graph.

Peter_Bartell

Jun 5, 2014

The specific path for doing this is going to be to some degree dependent on the type of graph you select. Some JMP graphs you won't be able to do this...say the Prediction Profiler...you'll have one row for each response...you can't (to my knowledge) put two responses on the same row of the Profiler. Other graphs it's easy. As I mentioned I think the simplest way may be to differentiate the two different categories by different plotting symbols as row states. Colors might work too. Then those symbols and colors will 'travel along' if you will, no matter what graph types you select.