Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Graphical Representation of a DOE

amf32746

Community Trekker

Feb 11, 2015

Does JMP have the ability to represent a DOE graphically? In "Optimal Design of Experiments: A Case Study Approach", a split-plot design is converted from tabular form to graphical form. Is there some feature in JMP that can do this? I have created a split-plot RSM DOE using I-Optimality, and I would like to represent it graphically. I used the Graph Builder tool with a scatter plot but it does fully show the replicates.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Would something like this work?

8046_Screen Shot 2015-02-12 at 8.32.53 AM.png

4 REPLIES
Solution

Would something like this work?

8046_Screen Shot 2015-02-12 at 8.32.53 AM.png

amf32746

Community Trekker

Feb 11, 2015

LouV,

I was looking for something closer to this:

8047_I Optimal.png

I was able to generate something similar to the plot you attached (but with less detail), but I was looking for something like the image above. I have a feeling that the image above was processed outside of JMP for the purposes of the book.

Do the sizes of the bullet points in your design reflect the replications? How did you go about doing this?

louv

Staff

Jun 23, 2011

I believe you are correct with respect to that visual being created outside of JMP.

As far as the way that I created the visualization. First I created a 4 factor split-plot design with an RSM model using the custom design platform to give me a 20 run design. Then I went to Rows>Color or Mark by Column and chose the whole plot column to designate the whole plots in different colors. I then launched graph builder and dragged and dropped the X1, X2, X3, X4 factors in both the X and Y drop zones. Once there I chose the contour icon which automatically weighted the graphic to have heavier representation for the runs that were replicated in the 20 run experiment. Finally, I manually removed the diagonal contours by right-clicking contour>remove as they did not add value to the visualization. I finally labeled my graph builder output as a 4F Split-Plot RSM.

Hope this helps

Lou V

amf32746

Community Trekker

Feb 11, 2015

Thanks Lou!