cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
MBasovic
Level I

Graph legend split in two columns

Hello all,

Is it possible to present a legent on graph in two+ columns? I have a chart setup in such way that it would be more easily to read if the legend is split in two or more columns (number of legend items is 100+)

Any help will be appreciated.

Best Regards,

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Graph legend split in two columns

Which platform are you using?  In Graph Builder and some other platforms, the legend does split into multiple columns automatically.  Other platforms may have different behavior for the legend, which may or may not support customization.

MBasovic
Level I

Hello Dan,

I am using regular Fit X by Y platform. I have tried Graph Builder and I see that it does split legend item in several columns. Is there a way to do the same thing for Fit X by Y?

Thank you for your input.

With Fit Y by X I assume you are using the Row Legend to create the legend.  Unfortunately this legend is essentially a Table Box with a single column, which does not have an option to wrap.  I tried doing it another way - adding two legends and then removing some of the rows through scripting, but this does not leave the legend in a usable state.  The number of rows in the column has to equal the number of rows in the table.