Share your ideas for the JMP Scripting Unsession at Discovery Summit by September 17th. We hope to see you there!
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
Hilal70
Level I

Graph builder

How can I change number of decimal points in bar charts in graph builder?

thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
txnelson
Super User

Re: Graph builder

I am not aware of an option to do this, however, in this link there is a method used to use JSL to achieve the results

Jim
Highlighted
julian
Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @Hilal70

Can you describe a little bit more about what you are looking to do? It sounds like you might be looking to change the number of decimal points displayed on the axis for a bar chart. That's something you can set in the Axis Settings - double click the axis, or right-click the axis and select Axis Settings.  You'll see a dialog box that looks like the one below. Change the number of decimal places in the Dec section and click okay.

@julian 

Decimal.png

Highlighted
Hilal70
Level I

Capture.JPG

Thanks Julien for your prompt repsonse.

Actually, I am not referrring to the number of decimal points in the axis settings but I am interested in the number of decimal points in the bars itslef.

I have tried many ways but I think it is not possible at the moment. Hope there is a way I have missed.

regards

Highlighted
julian
Community Manager Community Manager

Unfortunately, you are correct, it is not possible at the moment to control the number of decimal places in the bar labels. The page @txnelson referred you to is one way to approach this in JMP. Another that I'm fond of generally (when it's a one-off or every-so-often graph) is to copy the output into a program that can edit vector graphics (like Adobe Acrobat, Illustrator, etc) and make the change directly there. I show the process of doing this kind of editing of the vector objects here: https://youtu.be/bQWCgJCea20?t=766

I'm not a fan of manual procedures like this, though. I'll be sure to get a feature request logged for you with JMP Development.

@julian 

Highlighted
P_Bartell
Level VI

To echo @julian in that I too am not a fan of clunky solutions...but you could always hand calculate the exact values you want to display, then hand enter a JMP text box placed in the location of choice. Super clunky and you'd probably only do this a very small number of times...but it does work.

Article Labels

There are no labels assigned to this post.