cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
JohnTM
Level III

Graph builder: points and mean on the same graph

OK, first my boss wanted box plots, now it is too much, and instead I need to add the mean and std error bars... But JMP (14.0.0 64 bit windows 10) only wants to show one or the other:

JMP points problem.jpg

How can I make JMP show both, with the mean point and std dev or std error bars overlayed With the points (other than combining them in photoshop or learning 'Graphpad Prism')?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: Graph builder: points and mean on the same graph

Assuming you have a chart with just your data points being displayed,, all you have to do, is to right click on the graph, and add a second instance of Points, and set them to the mean and error bars.

errorbars.PNG

Jim

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
txnelson
Super User

Assuming you have a chart with just your data points being displayed,, all you have to do, is to right click on the graph, and add a second instance of Points, and set them to the mean and error bars.

errorbars.PNG

Jim
JohnTM
Level III

Thanks! Exactly what I needed. I tried shift and control clicking the icons, moving a second instance of the reading all around, but that has now done the trick!